IMCS continues to monitor Coronavirus (COVID-19) developments closely. The health and well-being of our employees, clients and partners are of utmost importance to us. We are monitoring the CDC, as well as state and local health departments, for live and up-to-date guidance and the newest knowledge related to COVID-19.
IMCS is adhering to the recommendations of the CDC to prevent the spread of the Coronavirus. We are focused on our preparedness efforts to maintain a safe work environment for our employees and to sustain our business operations. We have a strong Business Continuity Plan in place that is managed by a dedicated team of experts committed to keeping operations running smoothly so that we can provide you with the best possible service.
IMCS has activated its Business Continuity Plan, which includes:
- Establishing an executive-level task force that includes daily touchpoints on business operations, technology, strategy and human capital expertise to ensure we are supporting our clients, vendors and employees.
- Enabling work-from-home capabilities for our employees.
- Providing our employees with information and best practices to prevent the spread of any illness.
- Coordinating communications with our employees, clients and vendors.
- Canceling all non-essential business travel for the next 30 days.
- Coordinating daily meetings with our clients via webinars or remote capabilities.
It is currently unknown the volume of care that will impact the workers’ compensation industry. We are continuously preparing our operations in the event that an increase in service is needed within this industry.
We will continue to monitor this situation to ensure our services remain operable. We are ready, and we are here for you. Be assured that we are working hard to serve you and, together, mitigate this virus in our nation.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call!
Have a safe and healthy week,
Chief Executive Officer